Battle of the Sizes

Still trying to get used to this whole blogging concept. I often feel as though I have nothing interesting to write about...but something happened yesterday that I thought was worth sharing.

So, yesterday my friend, let's call her Bobbi, and I went shopping for some professional attire. I am frantically trying to find a job and felt like I needed more options for interviews and whatnot. Which, by the way, who knew professional attire was so expensive? Sheesh. But that's besides the point.

After going to 4 or 5 stores with no luck, we decided to check out The Limited. I found a lot of good options and headed to the dressing room to try everything on. There was only one other person in the dressing room area besides Bobbi and myself. Bobbi was not trying anything on so she sat outside and served as my personal Stacy and Clinton.

After every outfit, I would come out and get either the thumbs up or thumbs down or ask the sales associate to please get me a different size. You know, the usual. Now, when asking the sales associate to get you another size there comes the dreaded, but inevitable, question "what size?" I stood there for a second and awkwardly giggled before having to announce to the dressing room, the whole two other people, what size pants I wear. What woman wants to announce to anyone what size pants she wears? I know what you're thinking, NO ONE! That's what I thought too...wrong.

Out of the dressing room walks Miss I'm-a-size-four-and-I'm-a-doctor-and-I-want-everyone-to-know-it. How do I know she's a doctor? Because not only did she announce to everyone in the dressing room, which now included myself, Bobbi and two sales associates, that she was a doctor but she also announced that she wore a size four. Well high freaking five.

Skinny Doctor also decided to invade my personal space in order to get a better look at her size four butt in the three way mirror. Not okay.

I actually kind of feel bad for this girl. She clearly has self confidence issues if she seeks validation from complete strangers regarding her career and how skinny her legs are. I hope you know, Miss Skinny Doctor Lady, that happiness isn't always found by looking at the number on the tag of your pants...it can also be found in a bowl of ice cream.

5 Response to Battle of the Sizes

LT
February 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM

hahaha oh I love it!

February 26, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Did you take this shopping trip during a week day? Why was Miss Skinny Doctor not working in an ER saving someone's life??

February 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I haaate telling anyone what size anything I wear, so I usually go barefooted running around the store to get my own large sized pants. Maybe if I wore a four I would announce it. But probably not... Love the post!!

March 2, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Is this who I think it is? If you're my GG, come on over to my blog and say "hi." If not, nevermind! Pretend you never saw this!

March 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Yay! Welcome to the blogging world! I have my last final EVER tomorrow, then I'm in the clinic for 8 weeks, and then I graduate!!!! What are you up to now?!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Avery Daily All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes